Amazon is seeking a creative, goal-oriented and highly entrepreneurial person to join our exciting and fast-paced 3P UAE team. Our team is growing and if you are passionate about improving our selection, price, and convenience through key partnerships, this role may be a great match.
The CMM role offers the unique opportunity to own a sizable portion of category P&L while also driving large scale, high visibility projects across many different Amazon teams.
The Category Merchant Manager will have several key responsibilities within the 3rd party Marketplace side of the business:
- Category strategy and ownership: Work closely with Category Leadership on planning and business strategy, drive best-in-class customer experience, and maximize revenue growth through timely analysis and action.
- Category analysis: Own monthly and quarterly business performance analysis, understand performance drivers and set up/interpret relevant performance reports
- Seller management: Identify and lead new Seller partnerships, manage key Sellers on an ongoing basis and enhance the overall Seller experience with better self-service and reporting resources.
- Technical project management: Automate and scale the category level growth via new selection, product listing quality and in-stock opportunities via Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA). Partner with technology teams to drive automation and scalability across the worldwide organization.
- Category project management: Work within the category to establish and execute site experience roadmap.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for independent, creative problem-solving, have proven data analysis skills, show strong ownership/commitment, have proven leadership experience in managing projects, and bring relevant insights in technology.
- High standard of education – bachelor’s degree from top tier university.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Proven ability to influence; make an impact internally and externally; and drive change.
- Strong negotiation experience.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven analytical skills and highly comfortable with numbers (includes the ability to use tools such as Excel).
- Successful track record of using complex data sets to analyze business trends, build business cases as well as develop and validate strategies.
- Relentless customer focus.
- Ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- MBA Preferred
- eCommerce experience preferred
- Experience with SQL or willingness to learn
- Ability to easily transition from high-level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution